Sunday, September 11, 2011

How To Reply To Comments On Your Own Blog

I've never really had many comments on any of my blogs. My friend Angela has been commenting (thank you!) and I wanted to reply/respond to her comment. Uh, hello? Blogger doesn't allow me to reply to a comment left on my own blog!

Here's what you do (so I can remember!):
1-Design, Edit HTML, click the box Expand Widget Template
2-Push CNTRL+F for search box and search for "<data:commentPostedByMsg/>"
3-Use the following code (see link) but replace with blog id (click NEW POST and blog id is in browser address bar)

http://www.spiceupyourblog.com/2010/03/reply-button-option-blogger-comments.html

Thank you so much to Spice Up Your Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's crazy! I wonder if that is new... I use to be able to comment on my own blogs, but I haven't had a comment on any of my blogs in awhile now, so I haven't come across this Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NancyI'm sure other platforms allow it, I thought it really strange that Blogger doesn't have that function. I'm grateful RIGHT NOW for that bit of code from Spice Up Your Blog! Thanks for your comment Nancy! The sun is coming up, did you notice? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...